Search

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Acer Aspire TimelineX


Lap top is most favored by consumers in my town. They liked the sound and picture quality it produces. let alone supported by processors i5 2nd increasingly comfortable in computing. Activities that they are often expressed at the time when streaming video on the internet. In general, they collaborate on a lap top with its entertainment devices, such as audio and home theater HDTV devices.
 ”B0051OL9LO_image_A”
Experience crisp, clear HD content anywhere!
 
Encouraged from the results of a question and answer with a consumer I intend to assemble a lap top with the Home Theatre. Trials being done with, it proved a lap top has a device that has a plus. Even when I connect with a 40 Watt Speaker aktive still sound good results.

There is a relevance that is similar to the testimony of a buyer on Amazon sites...
I want a little show ever felt by the equations themselves and the consumers who have purchased this product from the store I am. see testimony below
B0051OL9LO_image_B
Enjoy console-quality gaming and fun with preloaded full versions of games!

BrownEyedGirl17
I've only had this laptop for a week, but here are my first impressions so far:
2nd Gen Intel iCore5: This gen of intel has the new `Sandy Bridge' as part of the processor. I don't know how to explain it, but my cousin is a computer tech and in layman's terms says it makes the processor more efficient which allows for the next feature to do what it does....

Incredible battery life: Most of you will have read that in the description it claims that the battery can last 8-9hrs. And..... its true! I thought it was too good to be true, but charge the battery up to 100% and you won't have to worry about the battery. (Although, I am sure battery life varies, depending on how much you are trying to do. I plan to test this out to further extent a little later.) For example, I sat down and caught up on 4, 45-min long TV episodes...the battery notification area said it still had enough to do it all over again, stating that it had enough to last a little over 4 hours. Amazing!

Amazing Audio: Now I can't compare this to what other laptops have, like HP's Beats Audio, only to what my previous laptop had, Altec Lansing, which I still think sounds good after 4 years, considering how the performance of the laptop overall has plummeted. (Now this is a Dolby Home Theatre sound system and majority of homes have that sound system on their TV's and, well, it hardly ever disappoints. Now back to the review.) While I was watching those TV shows, I mentioned above, I had plugged in my headphones...I had the volume at 50% and it nearly blew my eardrums out! I had to turn down the laptop volume to 20% & then lower the websites volume by another 50% & it was still plenty loud. Without the headphones, I keep both the iTunes volume and the laptop volume at 50% and it's more than enough. I played it at max volume and what surprised me the most was how little the music got distorted played that loud.

Keyboard/Touchpad: (Just let me say this, I love the chiclets keys!) On another site someone mentioned how close the backslash bar & enter key are, in comparison to the other keys. They raised concern that one might hit one of the keys by accident (ie `enter' instead of the `backslash' or vice versa) I assure you that is not the case. Once you get used to the spacing between all the keys, it's going to be pretty hard to hit the wrong key. I have no complaints about the touchpad, it has great response, and I actually don't hit this touchpad with my palm, seeing as how my hands fall squarely outside of it.

USB 3.0: I'm not sure about what this can do yet, as I don't have any accessories that run on 3.0, but it seems that the laptop finds the software and installs it at a much quicker pace that I'm used to. Can't wait to see start getting products that run on USB 3.0's.

ClearFi: I have yet to test this out entirely, but so far my laptop has "found" my other laptop and Sony TV's. I just need to see what exactly can be played from my libraries on either one. I figure it must be something like the `Shared Libraries' feature on iTunes but instead it used Windows Media Player.
Other than that, it is eerily quiet. The hard drive is so quiet, when I step away and the screen turns off, I keep thinking that the laptop has gone to sleep! Even the CD drive is quiet, this is going to take some getting used to, haha.

In closing, after a Compaq that lasted only 2 years (ending with a burnt out hard drive and screen), an HP that lasted 2 years, and my last HP Pavilion dv2000 series lasted 4 years (with several repairs made to the motherboard, screen and hard drive as well), I can say that none of them ever started off this well and I can only hope that it continues in the long run.

I know I might have missed some things, it's only been a week and I'm still learning the ropes around Windows 7 and all the tricks this thing has up its sleeve. But if you have any questions ask away and I'll try and get back to you A.S.A.P.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

***UPDATED 7/26/11***
So it's been a little over a month & I stand behind everything that I stated above, no cons to report. You can lift the screen with one finger in the middle but I feel that my thumb is going to break the webcam, so I've adjusted to lifting with one finger on each side, still just as easy. Anyways, here are some updates on features I've finally gotten around to.

If you use your laptop to charge other items, an ipod, a phone, etc., you'll like this feature. The USB 3.0 charges your things, even when the laptop is turned off. You can adjust the settings if you don't want it to keep charging things when you're battery has hit 30% for example. It was a real life saver when I realized I had forgotten the wall adapter for my phone charger, so I just hooked it up to the laptop and it was ready when I woke up.

Dolby Home Theatre: There's a difference between the PC speakers (they're located under the laptop, in the front area, in other words where you rest your wrists when typing) & the Dolby surround. I thought these were already kicking in, until I leaned in real close to notice that the sound was coming from the front, all I had to do was check a box (surround speakers) on the Dolby settings &.....well, I won't spoil the fun. Just like how a TV has, there are preset setting for when you want to watch movies, play games or music & it allows you to set up 6 custom settings. If you know what you're doing, you'll be able to take advantage of the great sound quality.

The Bluetooth feature is cool to have except...I don't have a printer or any other external devices that use that so I'm just glad my computer will be compatible when I do get something new.

I forgot to mention before that I did have to uninstall some programs when I started up the laptop. If you've had your current laptop for 3 or 4 years now, you can remember how tedious it was to remove all the AOL internet, AIM etc. etc. junk that was preinstalled. I uninstalled the Wild Tangent game center (which on my old laptop always labeled as a virus [?]) Some shortcuts on the desktop and a few other things, but they uninstall very quick, so I didn't find it a big deal.

Clear-Fi: So I finally put this to the test, gave my TV permission & it found my music, music was playing without a problem, now if only the TV wasn't so complicated, it'd be easier to use, but the point is that it works. (I still haven't tried it on the PS3, but it should be the same, seeing as how the menu works the same exact way as it does on the
Sony TV's). Now it doesn't take all my music, anything that I have in ACC format doesn't play, since the Clear-Fi & TV rely on Windows Media Player (not iTunes) only my MP3's shows up in the library.

Someone asked about the customer service for Acer, I haven't used it & I certainly hope to not use it anytime soon.
I know that there was something else that I wanted to add to this, but it's slipped my mind, should I remember what it was I'll update it again later.

Key Features

2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Processor 2.30GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90GHz
14” HD Widescreen CineCrystal™ LED-backlit Display
Windows® 7 Home Premium
Microsoft® Office Starter 2010
4GB DDR3 Single-Channel Memory
640GB SATA Hard Drive
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Bluetooth® 3.0+HS
Dolby® Advanced Home Theater® v4 Audio Enhancement
Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader
Built-in 1.3 Megapixel HD Webcam
Two Built-in Acer 3DSonic Stereo Speakers
High Definition Audio Support
2- USB 2.0 Ports & 1- USB 3.0 Port
1- HDMI™ Port with HDCP Support
Multi-Gesture Touchpad
Dedicated Numeric Keypad
Media Control Function Keys
6-cell Li-ion Battery
4.88 lbs. | 2.17 kg (system unit only)
Color: Cobalt Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Website Translator Gadget